Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Product Prospectus

1. The research question I chose to research is Why and How did the American Revolution take place? This question gives an overview of what the American Revolution was about and that is where I am heading.
2. The final product will be in the form of a scrap book but its going to be a little bit altered. We are going to have pictures on each page of a hard cover book and have labels describing how that picture leads us to our final project or answer to our question. Each picture with a label will lead to the next picture until the question is completely answered.
3. We chose this particular form because any kind of model wouldn't necessarily work because of the multiple fights in the American Revolution and we felt that multiple pictures with labels would help reach the answer to our question and be the best presentable to anyone.
4. A definition of the finished project is multiple pages of pictures and labels that will be sufficient to answer our research question.
5. This project will answer my question because I can have pictures and labels of American support for independence and also pictures of how the American Revolution take place and multiple fights of that to describe it more in depth. I can have a bunch of pictures for each of the sub parts of my research question I'm trying to answer that will ultimately lead to the final product.
6. The task breakdown/work flow for the project is going to be research sites to get pictures and information on the American Revolution as well as filling out daily journal entry's for my daily progress. Once I research enough information I can start inserting pictures and labels into the book.
7. The next actions to be taken on the project is I need to start researching information and pictures for my index cards to be on my way to getting information.

1 comment:

  1. Austin -- this looks good. I'm a little worried about the breadth of your research question. Worrying about support and how and why the Revolution happened is a whole lot to worry about. If it starts to feel like you can't tell the story of all three things well, you might consider to just focus on one of those three research questions instead. (or you could focus on one and Sam could focus on another -- it really just depends on what feels the best for y'all...)

    In any case, great start!

    ReplyDelete